Redwood Pharma develops ophthalmic drugs in areas where medical need is especially great.
This is an approach exemplified by our very first project. RP101 treats chronic dry eyes in post-menopausal women. Something that is possible thanks to our drug delivery platform IntelliGel, which controls the release of active substances. The platform also supports improved dosages of other established drugs.
Dry eye disease (DED) offers enormous potential. A total of some 344 million people are affected, equivalent to a global market of USD 3.1 billion. And the market is expected to grow, not least due to the lack of effective treatments.
This is something we want to change. Our strategy is to sign licence agreements with drug companies that will manufacture and market products on the global market.
Redwood Pharma AB (publ.) is listed on the Spotlight Stock Market (ticker: REDW, ISIN: SE008294789).
Martin Vidaeus, MBA CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- 19 years’ experience in life science business development in the US and Europe
- Successful history of deal-making with Big Pharma and smaller pharmaceutical development organizations
- Head of marketing & business development for UniTech Pharma AB, Sundsvall; Sweden; Global Genomics AB, Stockholm, Sweden; Nascent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Delaware, USA
- Work with ChaseMellon Capital Strategies, New York City, USA; International Specialty Products, New Jersey, USA; and Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
Hans Ageland, MSEng CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
- Co-founder and CEO of BioAge AB, Stockholm, Sweden, Consultant to biotechnology companies
- Co-founder: TroBio AB, Stockholm, Sweden; UniTech Pharma AB, Sundsvall, Sweden; and Artery Therapeutics Inc., USA
- 2 years as VP of Production and Project Coordinator at Medivir AB, Stockholm, Sweden
- 3 years as Co-founder and VP of Production, Esperion Therapeutics Inc., Michigan, USA (acquired by Pfizer)
- 13 years at Pharmacia as Project Manager, Stockholm, Sweden
Ulf Björklund, MSc Pharm CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
- More than 30 years’ experience within Life Science industry
- Held many different roles, primarily in clinical development within Kabi Pharmacia AB /
Pharmacia & Upjohn / Pharmacia during a 15 year period
- Project group member that developed and launched Xalatan (glaucoma)
- Other prior appointments include CEO of OxyPharma AB and Aprea AB
- Current assignments include consulting and board work within pharmaceutical drug development
Peter Rooslien, BA CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
- Previous financial positions at Skatteverket, Atlas Copco, ÅF-gruppen and Office Depot Sweden
- Consultant in the biotech sector at Biovitrum (SOBI) and Cortendo
- Board of Directors and Founder of Rooslien & Skoglund Ekonomi AB
Board of Directors
Gunnar has a degree in law from Uppsala University and is a member of the Swedish Bar Association since 1994. Since 1996 he has been partner in the law firm Lindahl where his business primarily relates to corporate law, venture capital, as well as Swedish and international agreements. Gunnar is highly active in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics and medical technology and was responsible for Lindahl’s business within Life Science in the years 2009-2014.
Other assignments: Chairman of Pharmacolog in Uppsala AB (publ). He sits on the boards of Allenex (publ), Cell Protect Nordic Pharmaceuticals AB, GoDoc AB, Lindahl KB, Lindahl AB and board member and president of the law firm Lindahl in Uppsala AB.
Ingrid has many years of experience on company boards and in executive management of businesses with focus in food, pharmaceutical, biomedical, life science, women’s health, financial services, etc. She has many years’ experience in management consulting (Booz Allen & Hamilton) and international business including business development in Europe and Asia, as well as work with parliamentarians in the European Parliament and Commission officials in Brussels etc. Ingrid has an MBA from Uppsala University and finance from Lund University.
Other assignments: Chairman of Ellen AB (publ.) And Sensori AB (publ.), Director of Radix Competence AB Doxa AB (publ.), Chairman of industry associations: European Food Supplement Europe and Svensk Egenvård. Director of the Parkinson Research Foundation.
Mats Lidgard has over 30 years of experience within both large and smaller companies in Life Science. Mats has held senior management positions in among others SBL Vaccin AB, Active Biotech AB, Bringwell AB, Pharmacia and as Director in Adenovir Pharma AB, a company operating within infectious eye diseases.
Mats Lidgard brings unique experience and expertise in business development in the global Pharmaceutical industry and ophthalmology. Mats has extensive experience in licensing and other contractual issues as well as mergers and acquisitions. In future discussions with commercial partners, Mats will help us achieve our business goals.
Other assignments: Chairman of Scandinavian Biopharma AB, Synphora AB and Trophea AB